Our local Conservative Association is guided by the following objectives set out in our constitution:
- Supporting and promoting the principles, objectives and policies of the Conservative Party of Canada and maintaining an effective Association for that purpose.
- Providing organizational and financial support to the Party’s candidate or Member of Parliament in our Riding.
- Raising money and maintaining a fund to support the Association and assist candidates.
- Actively identifying potential supporters and recruiting new members.
- Encouraging the participation and recruitment of youth.
- Complying with the obligations, and benefiting from the rights and privileges of being
Board of Directors
- Our Board of Directors manages our Conservative Association with the goal of holding the seat for the Conservative Party of Canada.
- We receive our mandate from the membership, and are elected by the membership at the annual AGM to achieve the objectives of the Association.
- We do much of our work through committees that are headed by Board members.
- The Executive is elected each year by the Board of Directors following our Annual General Meeting.
- Our Board of Directors meets every month for 1-3 hours. If you are interested in becoming a director on our Board, joining one of our committees is a great way to get started.
Our committees are a great way to meet new people and learn about politics. We are organizing for the 2019 election. There is a role for you in the coming year:
- Lawn sign organizers and installers
- Help with events, registration, phoning
- Hosting coffee gatherings and inviting your friends and neighbours
- Stuffing envelopes and answering phones
- Accompanying our candidate on door knocking trips