Canada is the greatest country on earth.
It is built on a rock-solid foundation of enduring values, democratic institutions, the rule of law, and fundamental and universal human rights. We absolutely must protect these values — because they are what set us apart.
They allow Canada to offer what so many other countries simply cannot: the freedom to preserve and pass on their cultural traditions; and the opportunity to live in peace with those around them; and the economic freedom that so many governments around the world deny their people.
Conservatives will restore fairness, order, and compassion to the immigration system.
A Conservative government will:
- Work to immediately restore fairness, order, and compassion in our immigration system
- Put an end to illegal border crossings at unofficial points of entry like Roxham Road
- Close the loophole in the Safe-Third Country Agreement that allows some people to skip the line and avoid the queue
- Safeguard and emphasize economic immigration
- Set immigration levels consistent with what is in Canada’s best interests
- Stand up for families and ensure that spouses and children can be reunited
- Improve language training
- Ensure that our system prioritizes people facing true persecution
- Improve credential recognition and make it easier for new Canadians who have existing skills that meet our standards to ply their trades here
- Work to reunite survivors of genocide, who have already resettled in Canada, more expeditiously
- Bring back the Office of Religious Freedom so that we can protect our shared humanity and promote interest in the dignity of all people
- Promote the private sponsorships of refugees
For more information, click here.